Connecting with others can help recovery feel more hopeful and even inspiring. Whether it is accomplished through face-to-face contact or through reading things like poetry, other kinds of writing, watching speeches, etc., having someone else who’s going through something similar can really help us to not feel alone. Project HEAL has been asking a weekly question related to eating disorder recovery. For this week’s #WEWANTTOKNOWWEDNESDAY we asked you:
What’s one quote that helps get you through a tough time?
Here are the quotes you shared with us:
1. “The key to not buckling is to not be defined by the situation.” – Condoleezza Rice, submitted by Jennifer D.
2. “Healthy doesn’t mean a salad. Healthy is not a measure of weight. Being healthy involves your mind, spirit and heart just as much as it involves your body. Each person’s version of healthy is different. Sweets don’t make you unhealthy but sadness will.” – Lauren M.
3. “Be willing to believe that something else is possible.” – Jen M.
4. “Leap, and grow your wings on the way down.” – Les Brown, submitted by Heidi L.
5. “Just keep swimming.” – Dory from “Finding Nemo,” submitted by Anna D.
6. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Julia S.
7. “In the midst of winter I found within me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus, submitted by Raemia D.
8. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.” – Charlotte S.
9. “You wake up every morning to fight the same demons that left you so tired from the night before, and that, my love, is bravery.” – Adrianna R.
10. “Feel the fear. Do it anyway.” – Diana B.