Apply for a Scholarship
Project HEAL was created to help individuals who need inpatient and/or residential care for the treatment of eating disorders and who have financial barriers regarding payment for such treatment. We are not currently accepting applications, but our next month long open application period will be announced here. You can also sign up below to join our scholarship notifications mailing list.
When the application period is opened, all application materials must be received by The Project HEAL Scholarship Fund by the associated deadline in order for you to be considered for an award. All applications that are not complete before the deadline will be considered for the subsequent quarter.
Applications are reviewed by our Clinical Advisory Board (CAB), which is a team of professionals who are skilled in the field of treating eating disorders. Once your completed application is submitted, a representative from Project HEAL will notify you within 78 hours that your application has been received. If there are any missing documents in your application, you will be notified of what may be required for your application to be considered complete.
*Our month-long open application period will begin when funds become available. This information will be noted on the website, so please continue to check back. The recipients will be notified and awarded, and will begin treatment immediately following the notification of their award. You may reapply for multiple application periods, but previous applications will not roll over. Project HEAL does not fund travel expenses or past treatment stays. In addition, we do not offer college scholarships. Currently, Project HEAL is only able to scholarship individuals who are US and CANADIAN Residents. As more funding is available, we will extend that to individuals who are outside the US. Our hope and goal is to help those globally and cease the existence of eating disorders world-wide.
|Join our mailing list|
In order to apply for a treatment scholarship during an open application period, please email ProjectHEAL.firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the application. Please follow all instructions carefully:
Instructions for Completion of Application
- In order to be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must provide original responses on the ”Scholarship Request Form” section of the application. This questionnaire is in expandable Word form so it can be typed into directly (pp. 7-12). Depending on the thoroughness of the responses, the page numbers may change and lengthen the application.
- The “Scholarship Request Form” may be emailed to: ProjectHEAL.email@example.com. Supplemental materials that require signatures may be mailed, scanned to email, or faxed to Project HEAL.
- Some information needs to be provided by the appropriate members of the health care team. Letters of recommendation are also required. To ensure confidentiality, consent forms must be signed for each practitioner. The following delivery methods are acceptable:
–Regular Mail: (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.)
–Fax: (866) 785-8407.
- –Email: Please send directly from practitioner’s email address; electronic signatures are acceptable.
- Applicants (parent/guardian if applicable) must sign and complete contract information (See page 16-18)
- If there are questions regarding any of the items to be completed, please email us at: ProjectHEAL.firstname.lastname@example.org